A dense buttery bread with loads of malty goodness. Perfect on its own toasted and slathered with butter or jam, or on the side with chilli and other meaty dishes.
Break it out:
- Loaf pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Cooling rack
Grub you'll need:
- 3 cups self-rising flour (or 3 cups of regular flour + 1 tbsp. baking powder + 1½ tsp. salt)
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 can (12 oz) beer (a Pale Ale or Amber works best)
- 3 tbsp. butter (or margarine)
Get 'er done!
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Mix flour and sugar in medium bowl.
- Stir in beer.
- Beat mixture 60 strokes with wooden spoon.
- Spread dough in pan & drizzle with butter.
- Base 45-60 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.