Dreikäsehoch is a German expression literally meaning "three cheeses high". This dip is the perfect companion to tortilla chips, pretzels, or toasted baguette.
Break It Out
- Medium saucepan
Grub You'll Need
- 1 cup beer (lager or ale)*
- 2 cups (16 oz.) sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 cup (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated**
- 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard***
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 - 2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
Get 'Er Done
- In saucepan, heat beer on medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Add grated cheddar, 1/4 cup at a time, whisking until combined.
- Repeat with cream cheese, adding 1/4 cup at at time.
- Whisk in Parmigiano-Reggiano, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce until combined.
- Whisk in flour and simmer until desired thickness (dip with thicken as it cools).
- Optional: Add hot sauce to taste.
- Pour into medium bowl, or bread bowl and serve warm.
*Feeling saucy? Kick it up a notch with an IPA or mix it up with a brown ale.
**You can easily substitute Romano or Asiago for the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
***No Dijon mustard in your fridge? No problem! Use regular mustard or mustard powder instead.